X

Clutch paw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch paw

On this 89 Katana 600 I just got. Where the clutch cable screws into sprocket cover, is a paw that cable hooks into. Well, apparently PO was too cheap to buy a new cable. He has squeezed the paw together, with pliers, I would guess. My question is this. Can I just reopen them a bit and then run new cable?

If you don't recommend that, where would I find that paw to replace this one. I searched ebay and on here you have to have a certain amount of posts to buy or sell.

Several people on this forum have parts for the pre's. PM Arsenic he has a lot of stuff and / or knows who does.
    As for the 50 post rule, they're stuck on it so just jump in and help with what you can on the various topics. Before long you'll get to your needed number.

Comment

You could take the chance on spreading the pawl open, However, Personally, I would have a spare handy, and since you had the spare handy, just swap it. The cable exerts a lot of pressure on that pawl. It'd be an option to try if you can wait to get a new cover and want to try the free method first however. But keep in mind, dont spread the forks too much or the new cable will pop threw.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I have that, it's called a worm gear. I already told you I have that in a PM Obviously not that important.
        Last edited by arsenic; 09-04-2008, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Clutch pawl

It's important. I was just trying to see if there was anything else I need that you may have. I do need a pre right rear fairing. Got one of those? Also, how much for the clutch thing?

Comment

600? Yes, I do have the rear fairing. http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...OVER_MODEL_J_K
            you mean these?

Comment

Fairing

Yes thats it, for the right side.

Comment

Just back to site in last few days. Sorry for not replying Arsenic.

I got a fairing for right rear, locally.

I still need the clutch thing, but I don't have a paypal account.
                Last edited by robwike; 09-16-2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: added line

Comment

Working...
                X