X

Gas Cap Venting Problem Solved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Cap Venting Problem Solved

Guess what?? My gas cap venting problem is finally solved. It was NOT the tank itself, it was the gas cap, which was what I suspected all along. While I was out of town, my hubby took my Kat apart to adjust the valves and while he was at it, took apart the gas cap. Evidently the gasket around the cap has swollen over the past 11 years and a portion of it was blocking the vent inside the cap. He moved the gasket out of the way of the vent and the problem has been fixed. I no longer have to worry about finding a small piece of shade in which to park my bike to hide it from the Florida sun! I'm a happy camper now!

One word of warning:

If you park it outside in Florida, put a cover over it, especially if he didn't replace the cap and seal... if the seal isn't seating perfectly, you can get a bunch of water into the tank, which leads to poor running, fouled plugs and gas tank rusting... all things my gf has gone through on her Ninja from that particular problem being corrected poorly by the past owner.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet (in Tampa)
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

No, it's parked in the garage - I just meant when I'm riding and stop for some reason. Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

Working...
      X