clutch play off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch play off?

Hey all,

I was inspecting my bike for a buzzing sound (trying to pinpoint where the sound was coming from) while running the engine and noticed that the rear wheel while on the center stand (and in neutral) would begin to rotate a small amount when I revved the engine. It wasn't from vibration, it seemed more deliberate and constant. I would guess the speed of rotation would make the tire move one full revolution in about 20-30 seconds at ~5k rpm.

Is this normal for the clutch play or does it need to be loosened?
    The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
    -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Normal, The clutch still drags slightly while out of gear When the oil is cold, the spin will be a lot more noticable than when its hot.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Thanks Newbie! Love your signature animation, LOL.
      The training of Karate is the training in self-control, humbleness, and discipline in conduct. The attainment of this supreme perfection requires the greatest of patience to fully master. I am here physically for technique, spiritually for philosophy, and together for character. By being patient and striving for perfection will I become physically, mentally, and spiritually strong.
      -- Walter K. Nishioka, Shihan The International Karate League

Comment

Not all to sure about rear wheel spinning on center stand, however Neutral should be neutral. minor clutch cable adjustment may fix this issue, check threads for how to's.

Comment

Your winters aren't as cold as mine, but if you wheel the bike out in the middle of winter and put it on the center stand and fire 'er up, it'll spin like the dickens. After the oil has warmed up, it will stop.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
          X