X

I'm taking this as a good sign

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm taking this as a good sign

So last week I decided to rig up a catch tank for my breather because I wanted to see if anything was coming out of it (K&N pods , so breather hose had a filter on the end ) . Got some extra line and a plastic bottle , ran the line into it , tape the he77 out of it to make sure it would stay put , and poked a little hole in it so it could breathe , and wire-tied it to the frame . So after a few days ( and about 500 miles) I took it out to have a look . There wasn't really much in there at all . There was MAYBE a couple drops of dry-looking oil , and a faint gas smell , but nothing that would even run out . Sounds like a good thing to me . Think maybe 500 miles was too soon to base an opinion on ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Re: I'm taking this as a good sign

Sounds like it's working the way it should be. Remember, though, that unlike the normal system, there is no vacuum pulling the fumes out on yours (rigging another line from the catch can back to the intake inside the pods, or to a splitter on a vacuum nozzle on a carb would correct that). My rule of thumb is a shot-glass full per oil change or less is no problem; more means I need to investigate...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Volume of a shotglass , check . Good to know . This pleases me , then !
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
      X