X

Help with basic maintenance and lube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with basic maintenance and lube

Hi. New to the forum. I bought my 2003 Katana 600 last August and have put over 12,000 miles on it. I love riding and last year I pushed the season to December, in Connecticut! As soon as the snow dissappeared, I was back on and frozen to the bone.

I have a question regarding lube. Is there a thread or DIY post on how to properly lube all the lube points that are show in the owners manual?

The DIY's are great and I have done most of my own maintenance, but I was confused on lubing the cables and lube points and am looking for clarification.

Thank you for your help.

Not sure about "all" of your lube points but I lube my cables with a good spray lube that contains teflon. I think the kind I use is made by Solder-Seal. I have found no better way to lube them than to disconnect one end & spray in short bursts until it reaches the other end. I work the cables while I am doing it. I also lube my kick-stand and the kick-stand switch and of course the chain. I know there are more points to give attention too but these are the main ones that I worry about.
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
    ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
    ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X