X

Stupid throttle question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid throttle question

I know I'm a noob and you'll probably laugh when you read this and say what a moron, but here it goes.

My Kat wants to fly in 1st gear. I barely touch the throttle and it wants to go in a hurry. Is this what you get when you get a 750 and am I just too used to the tricycles we used in my MSF class and need to grow-up cause I've got a real bike now or do I have a potential problem?

I'm ready for all the jokes and one liners, so let me have 'em (as long as you have an actual answer in between the snickering and jokes)
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Enjoy the big-boy ride

Comment

I had the same issues when I got my Kat...you'll get used to it.
      Like Braskat said, enjoy the big-boy ride.
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Ummm. I will save the jokes for the others...

The Kat is quicker than your bike at the class, but considered 'slow' as compared to actual sport bikes. Some people may tell you otherwise, but you should limit the RPMs when in first gear. Try staying below 5k - 6k to reduce transmission wear.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

yeah Katana's are NOT fast bikes

Comment

As you get more experienced, the throttle will be much more controllable for you. You will get that soft touch.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

It's also part of getting a 750cc versus the Kat 600cc - the 750cc simply has more torque ('cause the engine's bigger), which is probably the 'quickness' you're feeling.

I own a 750cc and my GF has the 600cc, and I can tell a significant difference in power/torque between the two. You'll get used to it...
              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
              X