X

00 Kat wont idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00 Kat wont idle

The bike has 1200 miles on it, it was running fine on wed. I didnt ride it until today (mon). It didnt want to start but after it did and was warm the idle would drop down until it would shut off. I did think that my choke cable was sticking a bit the last time I rode it so I think that could be it. bad gas maybe? also the black adjustment knob that I can see on the left side of the carbs, Is that an idle adjustment?
    Last edited by scubasteve; 09-01-2008, 09:19 PM.

Yes the knob (not the "know") is the speed adjustment. Is your problem better when fully warmed up, more than just a few minutes running? Does it otherwise perform normally? Why do you think your "choke cable was sticking"?
    Bad gas should affect it all the time, not just idle.

Comment

Ok I fixed my spelling on the knob, It was the choke sticking. I thought it was because my rpms were staying high after I pushed the choke off, I had to slide it open and shut again to get them down. anyway tonite I just pushed the choke shut by reaching in the fairing and pushing it in all the way and it ran fine. The bike had sat for a long time when I got it and the choke cable was stuck, I got it working again for a short time I guess now I will just replace it.

Comment

Working...
      X