X

Adding HP??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding HP??

I did a forum search for "HP" and it didn't come up with anything, so I'm posting this questing.

What have you done or heard of someone doing to improve HP, of course other than swapping out the engine? Theories of what could possibly be done would also be helpfull.

Thanks to all who have input.

The search function has a minimum of three characters. Unless you use the Google Option.

I'll sum it up:

GSXR cams
    Ignition Advancer
    Jet Kit
    And the aforementioned
    Bandit 1200 or Kat 1100 swap.

Also know what bike we figure it's a katana, but size and year make it easier for us.
    Last edited by plupien79; 08-29-2008, 12:36 PM. Reason: Added Info.

Comment

Lowering the total weight of the bike? Not sure exactly what you can afford to omit though. Turbo systems? http://www.mrturbo.com/turbo_systems/kit_main.html

Comment

rocket fuel

Comment

enjay, you put a turbo on a kat? id like to see some pic's. and what was the overall cost? i live in rochester and see your in binghamton.

so adding gsxr cams helps, is there anything other you need to do with the valve train/timing/fule supply ie carbs with this swap? 91 kat 750
          Last edited by fisherking101; 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          let her ride! she might like the vibrations and quit bitchin

91 kat 750 vance and hines pipe
          dyno jet 120's
          k&n filter, and 86 gsxr cams.

92 yamaha blaster stage 3 kit
          98 f-150 k&n filter, 2 in lift and chip set
          1988 checkmate 2881 550 hp 600 ft/lb tork dynoed
          1947 studebaker pickup 502 w/450 hp
          1935 chris craft 17 ft w 238 v 8

Comment

no ones put a turbo on a kat dude. Good luck with that I hope to god she was joking. Let me clarify, no one has turboed a "carbed" Katana. If you make it EFI then you can turbo all you want.
            Last edited by arsenic; 08-29-2008, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Here's another question, would adding HP improve or drop the fuel economy of my bike?

Comment

Originally posted by mattjm82 View Post
                Here's another question, would adding HP improve or drop the fuel economy of my bike?
                yes offcourse.. use a horse (added HP) to tow the bike. (do NOT start the bike) and fuel economy will improve

Comment

Without getting too technical, horsepower is increased by burning more air and fuel. More air and fuel means fewer miles per gallon. Of course then you get into the debate of twisting the throttle less to maintain the same speed. Twist the throttle less and use less fuel and air.

Comment

Working...
                  X