X

"Bubbly deceleration??"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bubbly deceleration??"

I hope that makes sense to someone; and hopefully they'll chime in....

Is that sound a bad sign? It is apparent when I am NOT accererating, basically whenever I am not engaging the throttle or at high RPMs. Most other times I hear this "gurgling" sound from the tail pipe. It may be my imagination but HP seems to have dropped alittle as well. To be honest it has been a gradual thing, i heard it faintly awhile back. Anyways I know for sure some wrench slinger here knows what i am talking about (maybe running rich??? I dont know this stuff.. )

Ill be waitin'

Search, my brother... and tell us about you bike... You've got an aftermarket exhaust in your garage, did you do the jetting?? chances are you'll need to give your A/F screws another 1/4 turn and see if that cleans it up.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

It never fails!! LOL. I did search but found only a Yoshi slipon problem that sounded possibly similar. But that was it. Someone else had an acceleration noise but that wasn't it either.

But yes all my bike work/add ons are located in My Garage. The slip-on was put on about a year ago and have never done any jetting. I was told I woulndt need to with this pipe. If I do I will look into it (thanks).

Ill also research A/F screws....?
      The only other info I can tell you guys is I recently (3 months ago) did a valve adjustment, and then took it in to a local shop for a carb synch. But it was making that sound before the vale adj/carb synch, so I ruled it out.

Thanks for the reply jgman67,and If there is a helpful thread i missed, post a link!
      Last edited by Gkannon77; 08-29-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

If your saying that it was running and sounding normal and then you started hearing this sound, then I'd say "gurgling" as opposed to "popping" in the exhaust indicates rich running perhaps a carb flooding. Popping on decell is a sign of lean running depending on how severe it is would be normal.

Comment

Working...
        X