X

Fuel line diameter (size)???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line diameter (size)???

Hey guys I am tring to install a inline fuel filter on my 92 Katana 600 and need to know the ID of the fuel line so I can install the proper diameter fuel filter ie.5/16",3/8" 1/4"??? Also is the fuel line a special one as I see on schematics they show a 90 degree bend off of the petcock or can I go to NAPA and purchase regular automotive type fuel line??

1/4" ID. You can use regular fuel line, but you risk getting air bubbles.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Could you please elaborate a bit more on why I risk getting air bubbles?

Comment

Yes, I'm interested in this as well.

The problem I found with the auto fuel line is that it's thicker.

Go for the LP fuel line at home depot or lowes or the hardware store. It should have a thinner wall that works better.

Comment

If the line is too long, or run incorrectly, you can have an air bubble form in the fuel line. Fuel is gravity fed from the tank...

I've had this happen before.

If you go to any motorcycle shop I'm about 99% certain they will have some 1/4" ID fuel line. I use a translucent urethane line I made my local dealer order.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I will take on this project this weekend and post a follow-up thread sometime.

Comment

And keep in the back of your mind, that suddenly, the bikes running like crap or acting like its starving for fuel on the freeway, that your filters aren't flowing enough fuel. The filter needs to be almost totally vertical and the only place thats possible is between the carbs. Good luck with that.

Just something to think about in the future.
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X