No announcement yet.
X

Horn doesn't work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or turn that little screw until your horn makes noise again... Seems a shame to buy a new horn when that's often the case.
    '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

argh, fuses good. yes, it has 2 males connectors and they were both connected and contacts clean. in the middle of it there's a bolt, no screw... would that be what you were talking about slipkid? thanks matt for the offer... but i think a "freeway blaster" might just be cooler than my "meep meep" that's on there now if it actually does need replacing.
      92 GSXF600
      91GSX(the 4 wheel version)

Comment

Originally posted by banana600
        i think a "freeway blaster" might just be cooler than my "meep meep" that's on there now if it actually does need replacing.
        That's why I have 2 spares.......
        Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

It should be off to the side of the mounting nut where the horn steps-up in thickness from the thinner outer diameter. Phillips head in most instances...
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

ok there's like 7 or 8 screws on the outer edge, not sure if that's what you mean, but i tightened those and anything else that could be tightened, still doesn't work. matt, did you use one of those regular 4 post relays with a fuseable link or something? thanks guys
            92 GSXF600
            91GSX(the 4 wheel version)

Comment

Working...
            X