X

Nitrous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous

Theoretically speaking. How much HP do you think I can throw at a 99 750 engine before I start getting into trouble?
    We don't need to get into the ups and downs of nitrous for my sake, but if someone else wants to ask "why, how" , go nuts.
    I had a 50hp shot on my lada (80hp engine), and that thing was a blaaaaast. I'm sure I'd only need a couple HP to get the same bang out of the kat, but I like to go big.
    I'll need a fuel pump for sure.
    Does anyone have pics of the kat airbox? I haven't had mine long enough to dive in there and see for myself (I don't even have a plate for it yet).
    Adrenaline makes me the way I am.

I have no clue (although the engines are pretty bullet-proof), but I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES OF A NOX LADA!

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You can check my website. I had the yellow Niva running on the gas, but I don't think I have any pics of the nitrous setup after I installed it. Not to worry I'm putting the kit on a different Niva I'm working on this summer, and will take lots O pics.

Comment

What kind of system were you thinking of putting on the bike, and how did you plan to feed it in? I would start off small, and work my way up. You may also want to upgrade your oil cooler size if you are gona do that, as your gona build up lots more heat in the engine. Also may want to make sure you are using good oil, and doing proper oil changes.

Let us know what you are thinking. I may have room for NOS on my bike someday...
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

i looked in to this during the winter, you can do it but, the rule of thumb with nitrous is the size of the shot of nitrous shoul be HALF your HP, so we figure kats have say maybe 80? i donno so you can do prob a 35 or 40 and be ok IF you dont beat the hell out of it every day, when you put that nitrous in to a motor and useing it regularly your gonna have some issues with your bottom end, rings and pistions at first. and you need to figure out where you gnna put hte bottles, i was gonna put them either in my gas tank(mold them in) or on the tail fairing behind a cut away of a bowling pin. i was only gonna use 10 oz bottles. also how would you hook it up??? WOT or are you gonna have a button ? it can be done i choose not to for the fact that its not stable enough and i was gonan use it for drag racing

Comment

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

there is some good stuff there

Comment

I have been looking at some kits for ATVs on eBay. They use an electric fuel pump and dual fogger nozzles, they are "wet" kits, so carbing wouldnt be an issue but getting proper distribution in the airbox might be a bit of a concern. I was thinking of using the horn button as the nitrous switch. Probably mount the bottle on the swingarm. It'd be cool to make a backpack for my 10lb bottle but I'd hate to go down with 2000psi on my back.
              I don't think upgrading the oil cooler would be necessary as nitrous is a very short duration high intensity deal, the residual heat is very low, for example the heat generated during a drag pass would be nowhere near the load if you were say roadracing.
              So you guys think a 750 engine would have no trouble holding an extra 30 or 40HP? That's really my only concern, back in my ninja 500 days I was told that the engines were far too frail to support even a 10 or 15 shot.

Comment

I'm with CyberPoet...pics of the Lada, man 8)

Originally posted by duff daddy
                the rule of thumb with nitrous is the size of the shot of nitrous shoul be HALF your HP
                That's what I've always heard too although I generally err on the conservative side. I run a 125hp shot in my car which puts out about 350ish hp N/A.

Originally posted by booneylander
                I have been looking at some kits for ATVs on eBay. They use an electric fuel pump and dual fogger nozzles, they are "wet" kits, so carbing wouldnt be an issue but getting proper distribution in the airbox might be a bit of a concern.
                What about 4 nozzles mounted just after the carbs? Kinda like the plate systems you see for a 4 barrell carb on a V8. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the airbox.
                --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

D'oh hit the quote button by accident
                  --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                  --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

For all your n2o needs go here. http://www.diy-nitrous.fsnet.co.uk/

One question, how strong are the 600's? I would like to make my 97 a little quicker but don't like the idea of pistons flying out of my oil pan. I can't imagine that it would be a good idea to use a wet shot if you were going to spray it into the airbox. I would think that would lead to puddling.

Comment

I see one major problem with one of the diagrams on that guys site. He has the same push button supplying power to the fuel pump as the 2 solenoids. There would definately be a period of tmie where there was only nitrous and no extra fuel. It would probably be less then a second but it doesn't take long to melt a hole in a piston when you go that lean.

Comment

Working...
                      X