X

Plug wires keep popping up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug wires keep popping up

Whats up guys, i got a 94 kat 600 the plug wires keep popping up and i get a low rpm miss mostly just pulling out , i stop ,pop on the wire again and all is good till it pops up again . any suggestions on how to keep this from happening?
    BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

cut back 1/8 of a inch and work the wire back in.it should take alot of force to get all the way on.

Comment

popping off of the plug? or the wire pulling out of the rubber boot?
      -2000 "750"

Comment

If its popping off the plug itself, those rubber grommets that seal to the head are adjustable, pull it up more. If the wire is coming out of the boot, cut it and THREAD it back into the wire, it's self tapping.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

That happened on mine and it ended up being a combination of needing to pull the wire through the grommet a bit more and making sure it was lined up and seated all the way in the hole properly.
          1997 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
            popping off of the plug? or the wire pulling out of the rubber boot?
            yea popping off the plug and the rubber plug on the head comes up also
            BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
              those rubber grommets that seal to the head are adjustable, pull it up more. If the wire is coming out of the boot, cut it and THREAD it back into the wire, it's self tapping.
              DAMN fine work !
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X