X

Clear Alternative taillight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Alternative taillight

I just got home from a week long 1700 mile trip on my 04 600 Kat and on the final day I found my brake light wasnt working. Its a integrated light and the running light worked and so did the signals but just not the brake light. If anyone has any idea what could have caused this or how to fix it please let me know.
    Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Dual filament bulb with one burned filament? Check it out before you go for anything else... Another easy way to rule out some possible causes would be to try if the rear brake lever activates it.
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

neither lever does it, and its all led's so thats why it has me confused. I checked the wiring and it all looks good.

Comment

Re: Clear Alternative taillight

Originally posted by DaytonKAT
        I just got home from a week long 1700 mile trip on my 04 600 Kat and on the final day I found my brake light wasnt working. Its a integrated light and the running light worked and so did the signals but just not the brake light. If anyone has any idea what could have caused this or how to fix it please let me know.
        If you got the complete setup from CA, you need to get in touch with them. Let them fix the problem.

Comment

maybe you just need to replace the brake bulb, just take it out and see if its dead or not.

Comment

there is not just a brake bulb its like 30 Led lights, I wish it was just a bulb it would make it a lot easier

Comment

Have you tried to hook the brake light directly to the battery with other wiring?
              - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Thats weird on their site they don't even show an LED version of the integrated taillight. In that case get in touch with Clear Alternatives, you can tell them they have it listed wrong while you're at it. Good Luck!

I'm sure you have already checked but are your fuses ok?

Comment

i checked the fuses and all the wiring and called CA they had me send the Led board back to them and they would replace it. So hopefully I'll be back on the bike before too long.

Comment

Working...
                  X