X

acewell issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acewell issues

just got my new speedo from acewell, had a hellova time calibratin it. set it for a 17inch wheel and it read 20mph slow. so i hooked up my cable speedo and rode around and adjusted it. anyone else have simalar problems? also, i can't seem to find my neutral light wire, i know its blue but its not getting power, is there something that has to be hooked up that i don't know about? i know my clutch lever sensor isn't hooked up but everything else is...
    Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

I believe you are supposed to set it up for the OUTSIDE DIAMETER of the tire, not the rim size.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

If I remember right I thought the neutral worked as a grounded system like a car horn. Anyone else know for sure?
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

how would one calculate the outside diameter of the tire? its a 120/60, would that be 17inches (whatever it was in mm) plus the 60? now that its dialed in its around a 26 inch tire. (at least thats what it says in the instructions.) wierd.
        Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

Originally posted by kjcmetal View Post
          how would one calculate the outside diameter of the tire?
          Measure it?

Im glad to see you got it dialed in. I had issues getting my bicycle computer dialed in as well (had to measure, then divide, then look up a code, enter said code, take the dog for a walk, let him pee on the neighbor...but, it works now)
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Hello,

I use one of the TrailTech computers for a speedo on my Kat. It's the outside of the tire you want. I use 600mm (Canada, therefore KM) which is 23.62in or so. But mine might be out a tad too. I plan on measuring it proper this weekend to use a correct value.

TTYL, jeff

Comment

Working...
            X