X

Where can I get o-rings for my carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get o-rings for my carbs?

I want to take apart my carbs and clean them but I will have to put new o-rings. Anyone knw where I can get the set for all the carb parts?
    1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Not yet..

The rebuild kit from Suzuki is over $100 per carb.
    But that is because it includes the float ($80
    alone) I had thought I crossreferanced the carb to the GS550E, but the float valve seat is different
    The AF o-ring was not included and other issues.

If anyone else knows who has a set I love to hear about it too.. Other than that you have to order the individual parts..
    For a carb set as old as yours I suggest:
    O-rings for the float
    o-rings for the AF needle
    Gasket for the bowl
    o-ring for the cap (syncho port)
    float valve (if you can find it..)
    The float valve is part of the float in Bikebandit $55
    WOW!
    Check w/ your local dealer and see what the kit contains and costs..
    The "kit" from bike bandit adds up to around $80..

Comment

All I want to do is clean my carbs. What are the necessary things to get if I clean my carbs? I ran some seafoam in my gas but that didn't quite help it, I still have bad idling. I'm not sure how this can effect idling but if I needed a new clutch kit badly, would that somehow effect my idling?
      1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

The only way the clutch would affect idle is if it were dragging, so it would idle better in nutral.

If you are stripping the carbs and cleaning them, the minimum parts would be IMO:
        Bowl Gasket.
        F/A mixture o-ring
        Float needle.
        Float o-rings.

On an 89 I'm pretty sure you will find the float needle seal worn or dryed up.
        I tried to clean my needles and the seal fell apart.
        Lucky I was able to make the new ones I had work.
        Even though they were the wrong ones.

This is just to clean them, you shouldnt have to take the rack apart.. Though you will disassemble each carb you will keep them bolted together.

Comment

Just take a few of the o-rings to Auto Zone or something and say "I need some of these" . Either that , or get an "o-ring box" that has tons of them in there in all sorts of sizes . Either way will be MUCH cheaper than a rebuild kit . But if you just want to clean the carbs good , get some spray carb cleaner or Brake-Kleen . Just watch the Brake-Kleen on the rubber parts , you'll wanna wash it off pretty quick with some compressed air or carb cleaner . However , that stuff will eat through ANY crap that may be in there .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, helped a lot.

Just wanted to run this by everyone. When my bike is on the road and I pull in the clutch it doesn't bog down and die. It only bogs down when stopping using the brakes. I have a hilly driveway going up so I don't really use the brake, so when I got to the top I pressed the brake lever and shook her around a little and thats when it bogged down and died. What could that mean?
            1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Just take a few of the o-rings to Auto Zone or something and say "I need some of these" . Either that , or get an "o-ring box" that has tons of them in there in all sorts of sizes . Either way will be MUCH cheaper than a rebuild kit . But if you just want to clean the carbs good , get some spray carb cleaner or Brake-Kleen . Just watch the Brake-Kleen on the rubber parts , you'll wanna wash it off pretty quick with some compressed air or carb cleaner . However , that stuff will eat through ANY crap that may be in there .
              Thats what Corey has, and we have used a ton of them. Just make sure that the O-Rings are gas resitant. Some may deteriorate in gas.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
              X