Cant get tail light lense off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SweetLou
    replied
    Oh, duh. Here I was thining he had like a 98 or something.

Leave a comment:

• Yellow
    replied
    Mine comes off easily after removing the two visible screws... No need to remove the seat.

Leave a comment:

• SweetLou
    replied
    A heat gun should work as well. Just be carefull not to melt the lense.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    whoa whoa whoa.... the pre lenses should come off quite easily.

From what I remember, you have to remove the rear seat to get at a screw, but it's been a while.

Leave a comment:

• Zukiman
    Guest replied
    On my 01 Kat there is a screw under the tail lens that I had to remove. I also had to seperate the 2 halves of the tail plastic. That screw also held the lens. I know your bike is not exactly the same as mine but I'm just trying to help the best I can. Good luck with the project.

Leave a comment:

• zleviticus
    replied
    you would hav etoi remove the whole assembly for that.. i took a small screw driver and gently pryed all around the lens to pop it off. Be careful though.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Nice Guy
    replied
    How do you go about imersing the tail light in water? Would a hair dryer, heat gun, hot sun work?

Leave a comment:

• BeekMan
    replied
    If the older ones are anything like the +98 you'd have to immerse it in hot water to loosen up the heat sensitive goop first.

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    just dont pry too hard or too quickly or u could crack the edges of the light.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Nice Guy
    replied
    Thanks I'll try that.

Leave a comment:

• woobie
    replied
    Use a knife or a screw driver and gently pry it off, it should pop off with just a little pressure.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Nice Guy
    started a topic Cant get tail light lense off?

Cant get tail light lense off?

I can't seem to get the tail light lens off. I looked in the Clymer manual and took out the two screws that hold it on but it won't budge. Am I missing something? Is there some trick to it? Any help will be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X