X

Cant get tail light lense off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get tail light lense off?

I can't seem to get the tail light lens off. I looked in the Clymer manual and took out the two screws that hold it on but it won't budge. Am I missing something? Is there some trick to it? Any help will be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Use a knife or a screw driver and gently pry it off, it should pop off with just a little pressure.
    Kyle

Comment

Thanks I'll try that.

Comment

just dont pry too hard or too quickly or u could crack the edges of the light.

Comment

If the older ones are anything like the +98 you'd have to immerse it in hot water to loosen up the heat sensitive goop first.
          Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

How do you go about imersing the tail light in water? Would a hair dryer, heat gun, hot sun work?

Comment

you would hav etoi remove the whole assembly for that.. i took a small screw driver and gently pryed all around the lens to pop it off. Be careful though.
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

On my 01 Kat there is a screw under the tail lens that I had to remove. I also had to seperate the 2 halves of the tail plastic. That screw also held the lens. I know your bike is not exactly the same as mine but I'm just trying to help the best I can. Good luck with the project.

Comment

whoa whoa whoa.... the pre lenses should come off quite easily.

From what I remember, you have to remove the rear seat to get at a screw, but it's been a while.

Comment

A heat gun should work as well. Just be carefull not to melt the lense.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Mine comes off easily after removing the two visible screws... No need to remove the seat.
                      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Oh, duh. Here I was thining he had like a 98 or something.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                        X