X

"C"shaped thing with little rod going through it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "C"shaped thing with little rod going through it

Alright so in addition to my other kat woes, yesterday the kat was bogging and sometimes dying on me at idle.

I was looking for the idle speed adjustment turnwheel but I couldn't find it....I did find a little thing sticking out on the left side, im guessing that's it but it was missing the turnwheel, and I was able to move it around and push it inside....needless to say I couldn't adjust the idle rpm.

Anyways, I then find a "C" shaped thing with a rod going through it, it was sticking out! I forced it back in and magically the bike was running fine!

What is that "C" thing and rod?
    Why was it sticking out?!

eddie.
    '02 Kat 600, 7400 kms

Re: "C"shaped thing with little rod going through

Eduardo,

please visit RonAyers.com and go into the fiche files for Suzuki:Katana:2002:GSX600F and locate the part you're talking about... I suspect you'll find it on this page as item #19...

Is that the part in question?

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hi,

Yeah, that's the part. It seems like I'm just missing the small turnwheel, and it looks like I can just order that whole part which I don't need.
      I guess I can adjust it with some pliers or something. My kat is idling at 1000 - 1100.

Now the other part I mentioned was confusing me. I described it at as a "C" shaped thing with a small rod going through it. That's the part that was sticking out of the carbs! I pushed it back in and the bike was fine after that.
      I think it's part #s 34, 35, 36

What is that for? And why was it sticking out?

eddie.

Comment

Choke slider thingy...Had troubles with the cable once and had to enable/disable it by hand to get home. If its pulled toward the outside, choke is enabled...Push it in to durn it back off.

Comment

Ohhhh, so it's all making sense now.

My choke cable is busted, hence that "C" thingy sticking out...hence my idle being all messed up....hence my fouled plugs!

How can I adjust my idle without that thumbweel that supposed to be there? all it is now is a little rod stickin' out which is connected to some cable

eddie.

Comment

Replace the idle adjuster cable assembly. Meanwhile, you need to clean the choke pins so they don't stick -- some carb cleaner and a toothbrush: pull it out, scrape it down and release and it should slide back in easily. Note that these slides are normally connected to a common rail that gets activated by the choke cable (and based on your statements, you may need to reseat them in the rail and move the rail all the way over).

You might also want to break down and grab an extra set of carbs off eBay to clean/tweak and swap out.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X