sketchy exposed wiring puts possible future katrider ill at ease

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sketchy exposed wiring puts possible future katrider ill at ease

hi all! just registered for the site.

anyway, I'm looking at buying my first bike, an 89 katana 600, but my mechanical know-how is practically zilch. The bike looks like it's in great shape, 30k km on the od, good paint and body, but when the guy showed it to me, I noticed some exposed wires that look like they may have been stripped or something

check the pics

here's the bike

here are the wires

so I'm wondering, is this a sign that it's been messed with? the guy says he had both his fairings stolen while the bike was in storage, and maybe it happened then (?) or are those wires just totally normal for a 89 kat minus its fairings?

EDIT: figured I'd give a bit more info on the sale,

there are a couple scratches in the gas tank (not serious enough for me to think it had been dropped, and he assures me it hadn't been) he's the second owner, and he doesn't seem to know much about bikes. he thinks it needs a new battery, but I plan on running a multimeter to see if there could be a charging problem... he's asking 1000$ obo, and he's throwing in a lock and a helmet.

thanks in advance for the responses, and I hope to be a permanent member soon!
    Last edited by htedro; 08-12-2008, 10:30 PM.

I dont know pre's, but that looks normal to me (just missing the fairings). I do see 1 wire unplugged but I have no clue what its for.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Wirings normal to me, Ignore the unplugged one, Theres a few two if I remember right for the emissions stuff on cali bikes. One for the fans, the other I forget, but its that exact plug your seeing unplugged, I have the same ones on mine.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

you guys rock. thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X