X

Help with Kisan SM3-S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Kisan SM3-S

Ok I just got this little gen in the mail but the instructions from Kisan are pretty generic. A phone call to them got me one guy who didn't know a damn thing about tech support. He told me to call back tomorrow (gerrrrr). So someone out there please tell me where this thing plugs in because the one I got does NOT plug into where the relay goes. Here is a pic.
    Attached Files

No, it's not meant to replace the old relay...it piggybacks it since the kickstand portion of the old relay remains in use.
    You have to pull the light blue wire out of the old relay base from behind and connect it to the black wire of the new relay.
    The red wire of the new relay is +12v...I used the orange/yellow wire that jumpers between the two adjacent relays for this (stripped a small section and soldered the red wire to it.)
    The green wire of the new relay is connected to my frame ground.

If you are using the running light option like I did, the front connector wires connect to the rear blinker wires (black to the hot black wire of the left signal, white to the hot green wire of the right signal, and black to the white/black wire of the rear brake light.
    Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Here's a pic of the orientation I used...it's held firmly in place with velcro on the right side of the relay. This shows the running light connector with the 3 wires in the middle. The extra phone jack wires you see are my added Vectra light wiring.
      Attached Files
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Wait a sec, that looks NOTHING like the pic I posted Beek. And in my package I can't find anything that references running lights. I know that it's an option on the SM3-S Kisan currently sells, I'm just wondering if I got an old model or something now.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Comment

Working...
        X