X

I made something

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made something

I made something that totally doesn't matter to ANYONE. When you have all day to think about things, stuff like this becomes important. The carb diaphragm cover screws look like this:

They are phillips heads, I don't know what the Asian fascination is with phillips heads, but everything that was phillips is now allen. So I did this:

I used a 6mm tube, cut and grinded them too length then threaded them on th M5 X .8 - 16mm screws. I used an M5 washer as well.
    (sorry about the picture quality, but you try to get a good photo of a screw)

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    ... (sorry about the picture quality, but you try to get a good photo of a screw)

Arsenic, I think there are millions of web sites that have great photos of a screw.
    sigpic

Comment

there are, but they don't use a cell phone

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        there are, but they don't use a cell phone

Enough with the hijacking... nice job. I hate freakin' philip's. I always seem to strip a screw heads.
        sigpic

Comment

All that money you have and you do not have digital camera
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

nice! i had to make custom bolts for my mirrors since i lost the stock ones haha

none of the allen key bolts in the hardware store were long enough, and all of the other bolts in the hardware store with the right lenth and thread had huge phillips or hex heads that wouldnt fit in the plastic mirror. so i bought the phillips (god forbid LOL) and took my grinder to them and voila i can see behind me now
            1989 katana 750

Comment

I do have a digital camera, but not a good one. I don't have a lot of money, what you think I'm rich or something?

Comment

That is a great idea cause those screws are a pain in the @ss
                02' Katana 600
                D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

i have heard before their affinity with philips head is that they are harder to over torque on install

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

that and there are 2 phillips head screw drivers, if I could find a metric one I doubt it would be an issue, but I can't so socket cap screws they be

Comment

Hey you have to keep the wheels turning or they won't work anymore, I made a drawing today of a billet chain adjuster bracket and was going to machine it until I had to take care of some other stuff. Ain't nobody going to see that but what the hell.

So what is next on the arsenic project table?

Tmod

Comment

**** I don't know, whatever I think Suzuki should have made better next

Comment

$30 would save alot of headaches.

Comment

WOW! That's awesome, I'll buy that set right now. Crap, CAD, how do I do this in USD?
                            Last edited by arsenic; 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

nothin like screwin around all day,,,,,,,,,
                              <ducks>
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                              X