X

clutch... hard to pull:?:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch... hard to pull:?:

its hard to pull in my clutch i got a brand new clutch cable and i swapped it myself ( that might be the probablem ) but ya any one know wut the problamo could be... cause its hard to pull in and keep in..
    1992 katana 600C

You can adjust the tension of the cable either at the handle end (which IMO is easier) or the clutch end. For the handle end, you can tighten the cluth bolt thereby releasing tension.

Comment

No , that's to adjust the freeplay . You wanna make sure that's adjusted right . Should have just a few mm's of play there . Maybe you misrouted the cable . It's harder to pull than before ? If that's the case , I'd say you misrouted or twisted it . Try again .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Lubing it wouldn't hurt either.
        '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

+1 to md86.
          It is pretty much a straight shot over the engine to the clutch. nothing but net..
          Do look at how you routed it at the forks though!
          That could do it.. And as SlipKid said drip some oil down there. Also check the lever, it might be binding..

Comment

i rooted it the same way it was rooted before i took it out ... but i dont know if i twisted it or not
            1992 katana 600C

Comment

I suspect it's actually at the pivot point for the clutch lever -- the lever itself may be hard to move if the pivot is too tight, or if the bike was dropped (i.e. - the lever bent some).

Is this a new symptom, or something that has been this way for months? If the symptom is fairly new and you dropped the bike on the left, it's almost assuredly the lever. It could also be the pivot where the cable ends at the tranny, and/or your clutch plates/springs (although springs never get stronger, they can get harder to pull as the clutch friction pads get very close to being gone).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                I suspect it's actually at the pivot point for the clutch lever -- the lever itself may be hard to move if the pivot is too tight,
                yeah, that's what I meant

Comment

hmm wel ill go mess around with it and see wuts up i bought it used and it was dropped on its left cause i replaced the clutch handle and cable all in one day.. im pretty new to the whole bike thingy so ill just go screw around and see wuts wrong with it with yur info in mind, thanks a bundle
                  1992 katana 600C

Comment

Hmmm even though you have three votes for the lever. (me, JP, and CP)
                    I find it odd that you didn't notice it when you changed the lever. I thought the bolt holding the clutch lever was a sholder screw. You shouldn't be able to over tighten it. That in fact is something to check! A shoulder screw looks like this:

Comment

If you have a regular type screw in there it could be pinching the lever. Or the screw is the wrong size. The Shoulder (the unthreaded part) should extend through the lever and the mount.
                      The nut actually tightens on the shoulder, leaving the shoulder to act like a "pin" and the nut just holding it in place.

Comment

Working...
                      X