X

need help from the motorheads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help from the motorheads

I had my kat dynoed this week to see why my low end was messed up so that was fixed and the bike runs super now. The mechanic did a bandit swap on a 2000 750 kat. The kat had a 813 kit done to it. Well the 750 motor had a bad bearing on the transmission so he swapped to a bandit 1200 motor. the guy wants 1000 dollars for the engine. is it worth it can i swap my 600 transmission to it and just install it? The engine dynoed at 111 hp that is good enough for me. should I try and aquire it?

Joe
    sigpic

Re: need help from the motorheads

Originally posted by KAT6
    I had my kat dynoed this week to see why my low end was messed up so that was fixed and the bike runs super now. The mechanic did a bandit swap on a 2000 750 kat. The kat had a 813 kit done to it. Well the 750 motor had a bad bearing on the transmission so he swapped to a bandit 1200 motor. the guy wants 1000 dollars for the engine. is it worth it can i swap my 600 transmission to it and just install it? The engine dynoed at 111 hp that is good enough for me. should I try and aquire it?

Joe
    (A) I don't think any Kat-compatible engine without a good tranny is worth $1k, simply because of the work required to disassemble/reassemble.

(B) The 750 engine is probably semi-ragged (at least I would guess so based on the fact that a 2000 already has tranny issues; at that age, it's the rider's doing and not strictly mechanical failure).

(C) Who was it and what did you pay for the tuning?

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The place is in tampa called RR Performance off of 50 St. They charged me 100 bucks for tuning my carbs and the dyno run. alot less than the other place that was quoted for.
      sigpic

Comment

The place is in tampa called RR Performance off of 50 St. They charged me 100 bucks for tuning my carbs and the dyno run. alot less than the other place that was quoted for.
        If you've got the actual address or phone #, PM me with it -- I tried running RR Performance through superpages to get an address/phone and it didn't bring up any listings.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

$1,000 WITHOUT the tranny?

No way..............

I bought my 1200 Bandit motor WITH tranny, complete, all fine and running............I'd NEVER buy just the motor without the tranny..........too many problems................

Now...........if its the WHOLE enchilada............DEAL! 8)
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

RR is 813- 662-9850 Ask for Rich, it is his place.
            Thanks for the info I will not try and aquire it.
            sigpic

Comment

RR is 813- 662-9850 Ask for Rich, it is his place.
              Cool -- thanks!

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I bought my 1200 Bandit motor WITH tranny, complete, all fine and running............I'd NEVER buy just the motor without the tranny..........too many problems................
                Hey Keith, you were there; I paid $1100 for an ENTIRE Bandit 1200!
                '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
                X