Top Speed Limitiations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed Limitiations?

So I got to thinking...

Is there a governor on our bikes? I am really curious because with the 1100 engine, I am wondering if my top speed will cut out or not. If I go WOT all the way, will it stop going when it gets to its limit, or is there something there to stop me from going to its limit?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

i think after 2002 it became a rule-of-thumb that bikes should be able to go faster than 300 km/h, reasons why pre-2002 hayabusa's are desired more than current ones.

somehow i dont think the 1100 will go 300 km/h though ...

Comment

how fast has everybody gotten their bikes? My little 600 about topped out at about 140.

Comment

I've only dared 130... so far
        I'd like to check the speedo with my GPS though

Comment

Backcalculated to 222km/h indicated

Comment

me no likey metric..... and there is a rev limiter...ask Jimmy

Comment

yeah, there's definately a rev limiter, Ive hit it a time or 2 Top speed, not figuring in speedo error, Ive hit 160 ! and yes it was in a controlled environment

Comment

Re: Top Speed Limitiations?

Originally posted by SweetLou
                Is there a governor on our bikes?
                No governor, just a rev-limiter. It doesn't care what speed you're at.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
                  how fast has everybody gotten their bikes? My little 600 about topped out at about 140.
                  speedo's are very inaccurate

my 99 600 will a speedo correction device ( and a top speed recall button )
                  shows 121. it's geared 15-50. i forgot to look at the rpms - but i may need to be in montana or kansas to go any further.

tim

Comment

I guess it'll depend on whatever electrical parts you got in there . Once you hit the rev-limiter , whatever THAT may be in your monster , you're done . Where's the rev-limiter at anyway ? Something to do with the coils , but is it a PART of them ? :scracth :-k
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      I guess it'll depend on whatever electrical parts you got in there . Once you hit the rev-limiter , whatever THAT may be in your monster , you're done . Where's the rev-limiter at anyway ? Something to do with the coils , but is it a PART of them ? :scracth :-k
                      The CDI cuts power to the two inner cylinders by denying the signal to the coils at the appropriate time.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        The CDI cuts power to the two inner cylinders by denying the signal to the coils at the appropriate time.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        That wouldn't change at all if I upgraded to Super Coils, would it?
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

anybody have an old cdi ? i could take it apart and figure out how to bypass the rev limiter - we could then take our bike to 16k like everybody else !

tim

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            That wouldn't change at all if I upgraded to Super Coils, would it?
                            Nope. Not as long as they still use the same CDI.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X