X

idles high with no power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idles high with no power

93 kat 750 7,500miles ok so i kreemed the tank and put the emission control lines on as per my manual. replaced a cap on the carb that was leaking and j-b welded the broken copper line on the #4 carb. it idles good now but after a few minutes of going up and down my driveway it looses all power and when i ease the throttle on it dies but if i quickly give it gas and back to idle it jumps up the rpm to 3-4grand for 30-60seconds. what now? thanks -Pat

Sounds like junk in your pilot circuit. Maybe something sucked in residual from the doing of the tank. BTW Kreeme wasn't a good choice to refinish your tank. Kreeme doesn't hold up as well as Por-15, But holds up a little bit better Redkote.

Also, if the idles hanging 30 - 60 sec's, you've got a vacuum leak or its real lean, I'd shoot for the vacuum leak first. Spray down everything with either wd-40 or ether around the carbs.. both sides.. Inlet and outlet boots, Spray the carb bodies themselves. When the idle increases, you found your leak. If it doesn't change no matter, then look at the A/F screws. But I wouldn't do that till your sure your carbs are all fine.
    Last edited by Newbie2it; 07-15-2008, 02:29 AM. Reason: Grandma
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
    X