No announcement yet.
X

low rpm blues...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool , I'll have to dig out the drill sometime !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

what kind of power are people getting from stage 3's? I know they take away bottom end but how much? Does it increase top speed?

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
        stage 3's... Does it increase top speed?
        A stage 3, by definition, should boost the upper ranges very strongly, and should boost the lower ranges some as well if using properly balanced equipment options and post-install fine-tuning.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hi all, apologies for dragging an old thread up on the board, but I came across it by pure coincidence as I was searching google for an answer to my problem

Im here in the UK and have been trying to find a source of, or the dimentions of the previously mentioned DCO351 correctors for dynojet kits. I recently bought an old GSXR which had a recent dynojet kit fitted, but the monkey hasnt fitted the correctors, nor does he have them anymore.

Ive tried contacting Dynojet via email, but they didnt seem too forthcoming with the internal measurements of these correctors. Could anyone be kind enough to verify what size drillbit I need so I can plug up the holes in my slides and re-drill them to the same size that these correctors are? I would be most greatfull.

On a sidenote, I have a set of DCO353 correctors (all 8, from an 1100 model) but without dynojet telling me the internal measurements, I dont know if I can use them or not. (if they are too small its not a problem obviously, as I can just install them and drill them larger).

Thanks guys! Great forum

Comment

I know it was a little hole I made , as per the recommendation of another member . Maybe I can find the post somewhere ....
            Um , gee , it's THIS thread .
            "Okay...I went ahead and called DynoJet to see what they would say it was, and they said .07 . That was for my '95 750. So...I would probably go that size. "
            I filled the holes with JB Qwik , waited for it to dry , then drilled with the recommended bit . Seemed to do the trick .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Cool, just wanted to double-check that the .07 which was recommended definatly applied to bikes that used the DCO351 type correctors, as these are what should be fitted to my GSXR aswell..

Thanks guys !

Comment

+1 same problems with mine

Comment

Many, many tunings, multiple shops, never could get the bike to acel from a stop below 6k without severe bogging down.

Everyone else I've spoken with has never gotten a Pre-Kat to acel well under 5k with a stage 3. Screams over 8k for sure.

I'd love to hear the setup from anyone who did get it to work for the low end without over loading the carbs with gas....

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                    Many, many tunings, multiple shops, never could get the bike to acel from a stop below 6k without severe bogging down.

Everyone else I've spoken with has never gotten a Pre-Kat to acel well under 5k with a stage 3. Screams over 8k for sure.

I'd love to hear the setup from anyone who did get it to work for the low end without over loading the carbs with gas....

Krey
                    i second that

Comment

cut the springs 1" works with my dyno jet stage 3

Comment

hard to believe they make all these after market upgrades and so many people complaining bout how they make the motor run like crap. Im leaving myne bone stock, and if I want an upgrade ill save for a r1 or the others.

Comment

You guys realize you resurrected a post that was 3 yrs old?
                          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

LOL At least they used the search funtion first LMAO

Search, the new Double edge sword!
                            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Krey
                              What is the set up for stage 3? Pod's?

Comment

Originally posted by mike10562004 View Post
                                cut the springs 1" works with my dyno jet stage 3
                                Shorten the slide springs?.... okay... that might work (obviously your saying it did for you), first time someone has mentioned that to me...

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
                                You guys realize you resurrected a post that was 3 yrs old?
                                Yes, and still relevent...

Originally posted by Kfreak View Post
                                What is the set up for stage 3? Pod's?
                                Everyone says yes, pods are needed... so that is kinda the kicker since they don't play with Kats well...
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X