X

Tool Kit for Pre98 Kat600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Kit for Pre98 Kat600

When I bought the kat, the dealer (Honda) didn't have the bike's toolkit. What I need now its the spanner wrench to play with the rear preload. Can this be purchased separately or can I buy the complete tool kit?
    D&K

I bought a complete kit from E-bay for $10 just to get the spanner , maybe you should look into that . There's another thread somewhere about someone else looking for the same thing , and he was told that those spanners can be had for over $20 , but aren't as good as the factory one ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You can get the factory one cheaply enough ($25 usually), but you should be able to find a complete toolkit for the bike on eBay for that same amount...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've been looking for the toolkit on Ebay, and nothing. I'll keep my eyes open but if you see something can you PLEASE pm-me . Thanks.
        D&K

Comment

Originally posted by Dogs&Kats
          I've been looking for the toolkit on Ebay, and nothing. I'll keep my eyes open but if you see something can you PLEASE pm-me . Thanks.
          I know when I sold the extra one I had -- from an '01 Kat (toolkit in mint condition) -- it went for about $14. Don't limit yourself to a pre-98 kit; the post-98 kit should have everything you need as well.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yea if i can get one id love that or just that spark plug socket

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
              Actually, the spark plug socket changes size between the '95 and '96 model years -- so be sure you get the right one if that's critical out of the kit. Otherwise, simply buy one as a separate item (spark plug socket, Sears, etc -- $5 to $9).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                I don't much care for the toolkits sparkplug wrench , a socket seem to work MUCH easier .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well i got one it was 8 bux today and i had to go to the motorcycle shop so yea i got, prob solved sears didnt have it

Comment

Working...
                  X