X

cuttingout @ 8000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuttingout @ 8000

i just bought the bike and at 8000 or at 5000 depending on the gear the bike losts power but if you back off the gas then it will run ok any ideas? it does have scorpin exhasut

Need MUCH more info................but first guess is someone installed a piep with stock jets (no jet kit)

Need year and size of bike
    Stock carbs? Jet kit?

Air filter?
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Need more info but, don't laugh, if you have a K&N filter with that restrictor donut, make sure the donut is in place and in the right direction and not bouncing around the air box or in backwards....like, umm, a friend of mine's was....yah, a friend of mine.
      '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
      PurpleonBlack

Comment

i dont know if it has stock jets. Its a 2002 600 And i dont know about a k&n fliter

Comment

Originally posted by dcoleman
          i dont know if it has stock jets. Its a 2002 600 And i dont know about a k&n fliter
          The airfilter is in the airbox under the tank. The stock filter is bright white paper over cotton with a metal mesh. K&N is a reddish-brown filter normally. The foam-filters (TriFlow, etc) are normally a uniform gray.

As for the jets, the easy way to tell is to remove the needle from one of the carbs -- stock needles have one slot cut at the top, all the aftermarket ones have multiple slots.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That , and the plugs over the pilot jets will have been taken out if it's been jetted .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i just want someone to fix it
              first bike not sure about working on it

Comment

Then if that is the case, take it to a bike shop, and prepare to spend mad cash for them to do something that would only take you a quarter of the cost to do.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

It might be worth updating your profile to include your location. There might be a friendly KatRider just down the road who knows about how to do the things mentioned. If people don't know where you are they can't offer.

I know what it is like to be new to bikes and have people saying these things to you, but as it is out of warranty, if you want detailed help on how to do each step people have suggested, just ask. You will find people here (excluding me) have an incredible and intimate knowledge of the Kat (although SweetLou has an intimate knowledge of his bike in a way you might not want to know about )
                  fulcrum (aka David)
                  Blue 2004 GSX750F
                  Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                  If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Check your float height. The carbs may not be letting in enough gas for when the bike comes-up on the main jets.
                    '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

I just know anything aobut motorcycles and are afraid of messing something up

Comment

I just know anything aobut motorcycles and are afraid of messing something up
                        Go buy the factory (Suzuki-brand) shop manual for your bike and a torque wrench. Then read through the manual -- armed with the manual and a torque wrench, your fears should dissipate.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X