Tired of trash talk!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of trash talk!

Hey guys,

I have a 95 600 Kat and all the locals I ride with have Gixxers and racers and I'm tired of all the trash talking!!!! Is it possible to build a Kat motor to have the same Horsepower as a gixxer? I'm happy with my 600, don't want a bigger motor, but I would like to max the horsepower and have a little something for that a**,if you know what I mean!!! I would appreciate any info anyone could offer, thanks!!!!!

Take a scroll through here. lots of info allready covered.

As your those asshats talking trash about the kat. The're just that, asshats. pay no mind to it. Sounds like the're just another coffee shop crew that would rather sit around in a parking lot talking about who's bike is faster while comparing their bikes "numbers" pulled from a recent article in sport bike rider instead of out riding, going to the strip, or track and proving it. Or just riding in general

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
      Take a scroll through here. lots of info allready covered.

As your those asshats talking trash about the kat. The're just that, asshats. pay no mind to it. Sounds like the're just another coffee shop crew that would rather sit around in a parking lot talking about who's bike is faster while comparing their bikes "numbers" pulled from a recent article in sport bike rider instead of out riding, going to the strip, or track and proving it. Or just riding in general
      Well said. If you like it then do not worry about what the dolts have to say. If you do decide that you want to juice your bike remember that a Kat is a lot heavier than a GSXR. You will need more power to really catch up

Comment

Even if you had the horsepower of a Gixxer, do you think that's going to stop the trash talk? Just focus on becoming a better rider, take the trash talkers to the twisties, and leave them in far behind...
        -Steve

Comment

Thanks for the support guys! I guess I'm still curious though if a Kat can be built up to have the same horsepower of a gixxer? There really does not seem to be much difference from what I've seen, is there?

Comment

Originally posted by FIRE_N_MY_WIRE
            Thanks for the support guys! I guess I'm still curious though if a Kat can be built up to have the same horsepower of a gixxer? There really does not seem to be much difference from what I've seen, is there?
            Why not just put ina Gixxer engine?
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I rode the 1200 Kabana for almost a year..................got the GSXR crowds attention when I passed them, then they took a little notice!

Once they get educated that they are actually talking down about their same basic power plant configuration, they tend to back off a bit. See...........its the same power plant that has been and still is in teh GSXR since the mid 80's................its just the aluminum frame and fuel injection vs the steel fram eand carbs that make them different.

Besides, tell them let's go for a 300 mile ride.............you won't be whinning but they sure will! No one I've seen can ride a GSXR that far! The GSXR was intended as a race replica....a stop light bandit! ro a Sport bike....the Kat is a Sport-Touring bike...........they are in completely different classes!
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thanks guys for the info!!!!

Comment

Don't sweat it! The best performance mod you can do is improving yourself. The nice thing I've found on the Kat is you have a larger window for improving your skills without hurting yourself. What I mean is this: yes its heavier and has a longer wheel base but I've found I can slowly increase my limits without getting myself into trouble. Relatively speaking, this bike is very forgiving. I suspect the Gixxers are not as forgiving. This being said, over the past couple years I have been able to grow my abilities closer to matching what the bike can do. Gixxers are more capable in performance terms but the learning curve is steeper.

The other night my girlfriend and I came upon a "pack" of sportbikes coming into a nice 270 degree onramp. Some of them were 2-up also and as they got into the turn they got on it. A lot of the guys in front were solo and they took off pretty quickly. As we started to straighten up for the straightaway I got a double-take from the bike I was next to. He figured there was no way anyone was keeping up with him in that turn yet there I was - I even had to back off a bit to keep from getting right on his rear tire. Even as we hit it for the straight, I was proud of my little 600. She kept up - not that she was matching their speed (at least the 2-ups), they were slowly pulling away...but not as dramatically as you would think. I am by no means ready for competition but I was taking the turn better than this guy and his girlfriend and he had a bike that should be able to do it better than mine. Anyone can go fast in a straight line - and he did...just out-accelerated me.

If you're going to do performance mods to the bike, do them for yourself, not to show anybody else. Just continue to improve your own skills - no one else can mod their bike with YOUR ability - Gixxer, R1 or Katana.

And honestly, the best mod I've done to the bike is Metzeler Z6 tires. Feels like a different bike as far as capabilities and confidence.
                  '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
                  PurpleonBlack

Comment

1. Get bandit 1200 engine
                    2. go to holeshot.com and order bandit overbore kit and various hop up parts
                    3. install in katana frame

That should be good for 140-150 hp and you can always add NO2 on top of that...
                    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Once they get educated that they are actually talking down about their same basic power plant configuration, they tend to back off a bit. See...........its the same power plant that has been and still is in teh GSXR since the mid 80's................its just the aluminum frame and fuel injection vs the steel fram eand carbs that make them different
                      Thing is, once we entered the 90's, they went water-cooled and have been developing ever since. A modern GSXR engine has little to do with the ones of old. So, as a quick answer, there's not much of any way you can build your Katana 600 (and not likely even a 750) to have the power of a newer GSXR 600. My best advice is to quit hanging out with those dorks...
                      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

When anyone with a GSXR says anything to me, first thing I ask is how much they paid for a 11 second bike..... then I tell them I paid $800 for a 12 second bike....... Then I say, "Always remember who's your daddy!"
                        '07 SV1000S
                        Power Commander III USB
                        M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                        Driven 520 chain kit
                        Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X