X

More HP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More HP?

What mods are available for the 1000cc motor in my 1982 Kat, i would like to make it a little more "snappy".I am pleased with the way it handles, but would like more performance,dont get me wrong,it gets up and goes,maybe i expect to much?The engine is standard,with the exception of the stage 3 jet kit, pods and modified exhaust.I would like to keep the present system,or replace with something similar size,as it shows off the single sided arm modification nicely.Your thoughts and advice will be greatly appriciated,thanks.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

A different exhaust possibly?

or naaaaaawwwwssssssssss

Comment

post some pics !

bigger knockers ( pistons ) - or regear it.

tim

Comment

I think your best bet would be to regear it.
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Turbo.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
            Turbo.
            TURBO,yeah baby,i likey the idea .I am always up to a challenge,is there a universal kit available with some modification required?Okay Lou,now look at what you have gone and done,i am going ti have to spend money that i don't have,Thanks alot. I don't think the exhaust is to restrictive,it also has a great tone,i wish it was as simple as that,but worth a try i guess.
            Alothough the turbo sounds awesome, way too much money,lets do some more less expensive mods.

Comment

Ok who's in .. Sweet Lou vs. ne-oblie , title for title

Comment

The orange vs the banana,theres a thought for the day!

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie
                  That sounds Dirty. I'm gona tell Corey that you are hitting on me.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    Originally posted by ne-oublie
                    That sounds Dirty. I'm gona tell Corey that you are hitting on me.

I am sure he knows that you are all his

Comment

I got $100 on the banana. Becouse the way things are going the orange will never go any faster than Lou can push it. (or drag it behind his car)
                      PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                      The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

You have until this weekend,whats the problem You guys do not deserve the hassle you have had with this motor,i am sure people may think that you goof off alot,but from what i have seen when it comes to working on the bikes, it's all buisness,and why not have fun while doing it,lifes too short. If your going to be around this weekend i will try and stop by,if your still not crabby

Comment

Q: When you say you have an exhaust on there, is a full end-to-end replacement exhaust (including aftermarket headers), or just a different end-can?

If the answer is just the end-can (muffler), then new headers will give you more power. Otherwise, you've pretty much tapped out what can be done with breathing mods and the next changes are either bore-over, change the compression ratios, change the engine, add a turbo, or look in a different direction (better handling/brakes/comfort) or change bikes.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

NOS?
                            - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
                              NOS?
                              and a turbo??????
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!