X

Fuel Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Line

I was on the chatbox the other day talking about this problem but I still haven't fixed it. Basically, I had a cracked hose coming from the petcock going to the carbs and it was leaking gas. I cut off the cracked part and reattached but the next day when I went to ride, I had no power and it died a couple times. So I thought maybe I had stretched that hose too far and it was kinking it. So I tried to replace it last night. The issue is it is a pain in the arse to reattach it at the carbs. Is there any easy way to do it? Or do I need to remove the airbox to get at it easier? And how hard is the airbox to remove and replace if I have to do that?, I removed the airbox once last year, and only remember it being a bit of a pita to reattach to the carbs.

Major PIA putting the air box back on.
    Save your self the hurt and get some good quality hose (I use competition works or what ever the company is) and then you only have to do the job once. You can get the line on the carb "t"s..
    You just have to take your time.

Comment

Well, I got the new fuel line on without removing the airbox. However, I couldn't get the clamp back on. It looked like a pretty flimsy clamp so I wasn't overly worried. What are the chances that line will come unhooked?

Comment

Not in my opinion.. I did the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
          Well, I got the new fuel line on without removing the airbox. However, I couldn't get the clamp back on. It looked like a pretty flimsy clamp so I wasn't overly worried. What are the chances that line will come unhooked?
          Did you just ask "What are the chances of me roasting my chestnuts in an fuel-fed fire while riding"?
          IMHO: any answer other than 0.00% is not acceptable.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Singing "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...... roadrash nipping at my nose...."

Comment

Its more work buttakeing the carbs off then butting the air box to carbs. them attach the carb/air box bac on the bike seems to work out alot easier to me
              "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Working...
              X