No announcement yet.
X

my first valve adjustment questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks i will try that. and i will deffinetly be upgrading to the metzlers on my next set of tires. the dunlops i got arent holding up for crap. the front tire is allready starting to cup pretty bad and i bet i havent got 3500 miles on it. ok gas is crystal clear? i hooked the gauges back to the carbs set idle to 1800 synch still good i got it really level across all four tubes inspected the fuel lines no issues . so i will be calling it a day and think about where to go next probally pull the plugs and look for fouling. i know there is somthing i am missing so ill leave it and come back with fresh eyes tomarrow.
    Last edited by cameron; 06-15-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

ok this is my last post in this thread. i just want to report after i slept on it, went after spark plugs,and took everything back off i believe cyber poet nailed it vacum leak. my air box must not have been on securley.i really dont know how but it wasnt so after putting everything back i fired it up and took off. and victory is mine no stalling issues at all. so after 4 days instead of three i can finnally sleep happy and be proud of compleating my first valve adjust and carb synch. and thank you arsenic,and cyber poet for barring with me through all this and i think my next time ill be alot more ready and probally alot quicker.

Comment

Great job, doing it yourself is much better (IMO) than paying someone to work on your own stuff.

OK sorry to threadjack-but I've got a question for arsenic....why would you silicone the valve cover gaskets all together. I haven't done this to mine, but I'm anal about pinching my gasket so I use a pick to get it correct. I've thought about siliconing the gasket to the head (but not the cover) so that it will ease my picking... TIA
        Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

The gasket fits into a groove cut into the valve covers, but mounts flush to the head.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

EXACTLY you silicone the gasket into the grove on the cover then you don't have to mess around with loose crap when putting it all together. You don't silicone the cover gaskets all together, no idea where you got that.

Comment

Personally, I never use any form of gasket-sealing/seating chemistry on the Kat -- the stock gaskets normally work just fine until they're too old & dry & cracked to do the job properly, at which time I just replace them (about once every 5 years or so).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X