X

Putting a 750 header on a 600 pre 98 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting a 750 header on a 600 pre 98 Kat

I have seen in a few posts that you can bolt a 750 header up to a 600 motor. Well i am going to be buying a full system header and pipe with a jet kit for my project 94 kat 600 and was wanting to know if I were to get a header and pipe for a 750 what mods would I have to make to get it to fit the 600? Also, would the same carb set up for a 600 header and pipe work with the 750 version or do they need to be set up another way?

i think what your asking is what would be the difference between going to a full system or just buy a slip-on and a 750 header ?

well for the most HP the full system is the way to go. The aftermarket headers have better flow than the stock 750 header - my understanding is it's not the diameter of the tubes but how they build the collection point.
    the 750 header does have a big increase in flow over the 600 though ( in stock form ).

i'm using dynojet main jets in my bike. when i had it dyno'd with the 750 header and the 120 main jets it was too rich. so i dropped them down to 118's. ( 120's is what is recommended by dynojet with a 'full' system )

so if you bought a 750 header now and updated to an aftermarket header down the road your only change would be to go up 1 size in main jet. needle & a/f screws stay the same.

tim

Comment

your only running 118's??? wow

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
        your only running 118's??? wow
        118 DYNOJET ( they have a different numbering system that factory )

tim

Comment

Working...
        X