X

Performance Upgrades

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Upgrades

Forgive my noob question here, but I have a 1991 Katana GSX600F and after I get the basics done (tires, chain, tune up, etc) I want to start the performance upgrades. My question is thus: Where do I start on the upgrades, and where can I get an idea of what upgrades will work best with my bike? Like I said before it's a 91 Katana GSX600F ... everything stock.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

try the search button its your friends it will help you lol, but you can go liek this

Stage 1 jet kit
    K&N Filter
    Full exhaust
    sprockets
    ignition advancer

thoes are your basic, if you do any of the first three you must do the other 2 they go hand in hand, thats about it you can get different jets like a stage 3 and then you need K&N individual pods but thats about it really unless you wanna do motor mods, like cams boring, port and polish, valves, crannk pistons stuff like that

Comment

Actually, the best performance upgrade you can do is put Racetech cartridge emulators in the forks and find a decent replacement shock...

Then you can get more out of the motor...
      -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
        Actually, the best performance upgrade you can do is put Racetech cartridge emulators in the forks and find a decent replacement shock...

Then you can get more out of the motor...
        not sure how you meant that - but you'll be able to use more of the motor you have with better suspension.

tim

Comment

I was going to say the same...I was at a show and this guy was talking to one of the mod guys...he told the guy the same thing...He said I could mod your engine, drop weight of the bike by replacing heavy parts with lighter ones but that won't do anything for you if you suspesion sucks...he said that performance is generated when you can get more rubber to the pavement...and the only way to do that is to upgrade your suspension...He said first mod should always be the suspension if you are looking for performance return...The only reason I stood and listened to this guy is because his company was based on engine modification and other types of upgrades and he was telling this "future" customer that they could do all the work but he needed to upgrade the suspension, which they did not do... funny he wasn't looking for the sale he was actually giving the guy some advice knowing that his company would not be involved in the initial modding of this guys bike..
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Yeah, what I meant was work on suspension and THEN work on getting more power. Sorry, realize it wasn't worded very well.
            -Steve

Comment

Working...
            X