X

k & n air filter??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k & n air filter??

i want to order a k & n air filter for my 2000 katana 750 but all i can seem to find is unerversal ones? is there a place i can find one online?

Re: k & n air filter??

Originally posted by steve053136
    i want to order a k & n air filter for my 2000 katana 750 but all i can seem to find is unerversal ones? is there a place i can find one online?
    Contact SpeedWerks and ask, or visit http://knfilters.com/ and get it directly from the manufacturer.

KNOW THIS:
    Unless it's being matched to an aftermarket end-to-end exhaust and a jetkit, you won't get any performance boost, and the OEM filter does a better job of filtering inbound air (a far better job if the K&N is dryed out or particularly dirty).

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

how much would a jet kit and a cheaper after market exhaust cost?

Comment

Originally posted by steve053136
        how much would a jet kit and a cheaper after market exhaust cost?
        Jet kit $50 - $130, depending on brand.
        End-to-end aftermarket exhaust: $500 - $800.

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyberpoet is correct. K&N air filters actually help you lose horsepower. We have never dyno ran a katana with and without one, but on other bikes, the bike does better with the cheapo air filter. I know on an SV a K&N causes a hp loss of 2-3 hp. Just something to think about before you dish out all that $$$$.
          If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speedwerks
            Cyberpoet is correct. K&N air filters actually help you lose horsepower. We have never dyno ran a katana with and without one, but on other bikes, the bike does better with the cheapo air filter. I know on an SV a K&N causes a hp loss of 2-3 hp. Just something to think about before you dish out all that $$$$.
            K&N used to post Dyno charts of their filter products, although they don't seem to do that anymore for motorcycles. In general, their charts showed loss of power (& esp. torque) at low RPM's, about the same at mid-RPM's and more power at high RPM's. This would relate well to the change in airflow that could be expected with a filter of the type, where increases in airflow at low RPM's robs you of torque, but the same changes at high RPM's increases the engine's ability to move fuel-air mix in and out of the engine at high speeds.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

K&N........$70

Jet Kit.......$100-$110, depends on which mfg, Factory Pro of Dyno Jet

Exhaust system.............Vance & Hines SS2R, about $420

You CAN just go Jet kit and exhaust system and forego the K&N, but I like the above combo the best on Kats.

Oh, and I usually add a V&H Ignition Advancer.......about $45.

I've only installed about 20 so far this year on Kats.............and about 25 or so last year. 90% of my work is Katanas.................
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
              X