X

Exaust.... 92 katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exaust.... 92 katana 600

hey, i bought a hindle muffler and a midpipe a couple weeks ago and i want to get them installed right now my stock system is a 4 into 2 on my 1992 katana 600 and for this exaust to work i think it needs to be 4-2-1 i was wondering what sorta header options i have with minimal chopping needed, i dont wanna buy headers new( cause there expensive) im thinking pulling a set off a used bike some where...
    1992 katana 600C

Well I see three options....but I'm not sure if the first two are fesible.

1. Modify your stock 4 - to - 2 system (I'm not sure this can be done, as I'm sure your mid-pipe would have a larger diameter

2. Buy a stock 98+ header from someone here (You would probably have to modify the header pipe [like denting it at the oil pan somewhat] or weld a new pipe before the oil pan...since the 98+ pipes will fit pre 98s except for the larger oil pan on the pre's get in the way)

3. Buy an aftermarket 4 - to - 1 system (I'm sure you could find a used one here)

What do you guys think?

Comment

i think i want to go with the stock 98+ header and have it modified at an exaust shop.. ill call around tommorw after noon to find one.. and for the stock 98 headers can it just be a katana 600.. or wut
      1992 katana 600C

Comment

the 98+ header won't fit the pre 98 unless you swap oil pans as well. But if you do swap oil pans you have a lot more options when it comes to exhaust.

Comment

is it hard to swap the oil pans.... and wut options do i have for oil pans, same with headers can i switch it with just any 98+ 600cc katana.. or .. wut
          1992 katana 600C

Comment

i have a used 600 header here and its an aftermarket one id sell you, it has some rust on it but you take your time sand her down and paint it ill look fine

here are some pics

Comment

Pm'D
              1992 katana 600C

Comment

Working...
              X