X

Katana dropped.....cover cracked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana dropped.....cover cracked

My father went to ride my 06 750 kat and it rolled off the kick stand while he was opening the gate. Ended up falling on the left side and broke part of the clutch lever off and cracking the Starter gear cover (thing that says SUZUKI). How hard does it suppost to be to take off the cover? We have unbolted it but seems like it is stuck at a certain point. We have pried it far enough out I could see some of the internals behind the cover. Is the cover holding up something or should we just pry the cover off the whole way. I noticed there is a retaining pin on the top left corner but i wasn't quite sure if there is special way to take it off or what. I'll probably order a new cover and gasket for it. Is there any tips to taking this cover off or maybe even any hints to look over the bike after it's been dropped???? So far it's pretty much leaked all the oil out of the crack. Does the cover come straight off or do I need a special tool? Thanks

no special tool needed. I have the shift lever if you need one.

Comment

Appreciate the offer but luckily I didn't break the shift lever. It was the clutch lever and starter gear cover. Ended up ordering the cover, gasket and lever from a buddy of mine for $80 at his work. Alot better than $220 the local shop quoted me.

Comment

oh, clutch lever like the handle bar lever got it.

Comment

There's a dowel behind there holding it on . Tapping with a soft tool and pulling will free it . Don't try to pry it , or you may end up needing a new gasket ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X