Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ivans 98+ 750 Jet Kit Adjustment (Fuel Screw)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivans 98+ 750 Jet Kit Adjustment (Fuel Screw)

Hi all,

I've read the Carbs 101, and the other posts that came up with a search of Ivans, and I've got a question. I just received an Ivans Kit for my 98+ 750, and the instructions indicate to start with the fuel screw out 4 turns. Everything I've seen on here tends to indicate around 2.25 turns with the Ivans (and 1.75 stock), so 4 turns seems pretty rich. Is this due to me having the 750 (i.e. are most of the posts with 2.25 turns out for the 600)?

Thanks in advance!

no, Ivan's kit is 4 turns out on a 600 too. It is really rich, thats the way he tells you to do it, I would have to say he's done his research, listen to him.

Comment

Hey man it works great. I got ivans kit on my bike 4 turn out. No probs. Just don't think cuz you have the kit you can run a K&N I try its a no go. It will run but not as strong, some flat spots. There is a guy on here who mix up some kits together to make it work for a K&N but that too much work. The kit is great as is I love it. And plus customer service is A+. I called once and I actually got to talk to Ivan one on one.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

3.5 turns will get you better fuel mileage, 4 turns will give you better off-the-line performance

2.x turns is for the stock needles, not the Ivan's kit.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That explains it. Stock = 2.x turns. Well, at least I'm not going completely bonkers

The one downside to the "read everything I can find" approach... I can't keep it all straight!

Thanks for putting me straight. I can't wait to install it (just waiting on a couple more bits so I can do a few things while I have the cowls off).

Comment

I have a 98+ Ivan's in a 600 and found that 4 turns out is too rich to start easily. It would fire, then die out if /i didn't rev it for about 20 seconds. Even partial choke would kill it. Starting it that way I fouled out plugs in about 1000 miles.

I backed it off to 3.5 and cleaned off the plugs and it's much easier to start, but choke is still a no-no.

Perhaps an ignition advancer would clear it up ... I haven't been able to get ahold of one of them yet.
            - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
            2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by Kila-Beave View Post
              I have a 98+ Ivan's in a 600 and found that 4 turns out is too rich to start easily. It would fire, then die out if /i didn't rev it for about 20 seconds. Even partial choke would kill it. Starting it that way I fouled out plugs in about 1000 miles.

I backed it off to 3.5 and cleaned off the plugs and it's much easier to start, but choke is still a no-no.

Perhaps an ignition advancer would clear it up ... I haven't been able to get ahold of one of them yet.
              Really is this after the bike been sitting overnight or for a hour after riding. My bike in the morning runs great. Choke is a no-no. But if I rode my bike enough to get to normal engine temp. Or better yet for example Im ride to work alot. ok I go to work which is 20mins away park the bike and clock in it 8:00am I have a break at 10:00am decided go to the store to get a snack. To start the bike I have to give the bike 1/4 throttle to start if not it is really hard to start... So I call ivan and ask y. He told and many other ppls that the gas in the carb vaporize becuz of the heat of the engine sitting there. So maybe thats your problem IDK just a suggestion.
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

After it's been sitting all night it's hard to start and it's about the same after it's been sitting all day at work.

After getting it up to temp it starts real easy for the next couple hours.

She's just VERY cold-blooded. It's like I need to sit it outside so it can bask in the sun a bit before I start it up
                - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                2005 F4i -

Comment

Working...
                X