X

Gas is starting to burn quick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas is starting to burn quick

It seems that I am paying a little bit more visits to the gas station then before. I think gas it burning quicker. Is there a way that I can stop this!. I put 87 grade in by mistake two weeks ago and i am scared i might have jacked something up

most of the gas stations I see state that their gas contains up to 10% ethanol (which I think burns faster)... Maybe that's what you are experiencing... and maybe I don't know what I'm talking about on the subject... but it's a guess

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

May be cuz of the ethenol......87 should be fine in the Kat anyways. I used the high grade, til I read a thread somewhere in this site that said to use the cheap stuff. So now I use the mid grade...I'll most likely go to the lesser eventually, if I see no dramatic changes (might as well save some $).
      2005 Katana 600

Comment

i did notice that when i used the 87 grade and started up the bike it stunk pretty bad and black smoke came out the tail pipe. now since i burned out all the 87 it smells better and no longer has black smoke

Comment

Working...
        X