No announcement yet.
X

Found a peice of something in Cyl #4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sorta figured I'd chime in eventually, didn't you?! 8)

Here's my take on all this:

My engine builder builds 100's of engines, most for drag bikes. He's 100% immaculate, and..........to properly do what he does, including adjusting the valves in each engine he does, he turns them over and over by hand several times. No way this happened in his shop.............

I got the engine built for me, then decided to install a 1200 Bandit in the bike now known as the Kabana. Then, later, decided to sell the 1127. Lou bought it and I shipped it to him JUST LIKE I GOT IT, still wrapped up!

I do know this.................
    I bought Lou's old engine from him. When he called last, I looked at it and pulled the OLD STYLE Neutral Safety Switch off and it has no pin and no spring in it........they are both missing!?!.... Its an old style 'cause it has a single wire form it..........new ones like Lou's engine has a 2 or 3 wire lead........so that means Lou or Cory switched them, which they needed to do for Lou's bike to pick up the signal. No problem, I expected that, but it means the parts could only fly there.............not here.

ALSO..............I shot one of those pins out of a 98+ kat 600 engine last week while removing engine for gutting...........I pushed the pin in and held it and let her rip..........just to see what would happen. It shot almsot 15 feet across the garage floor..........the springs are better than you think!

In talking to Corey on the phone with Lou.........he seemed to think may have shot out and landed in the rag that was stuffed in where the plugs go..........and then probably fell in when he took the rag out without him knowing it. (Turn DOWN the music!)

My bet is that the 1127 was sitting side by side across from the 750 engine..........and maybe it was lower at some point in time.............it would have been an easy shot then!

Only sad part or calamity is that they could have removed it with a simple magnetic stick and did not have to remove the valve cover, cams, timing chain and head to find it.........................

Sorry all that happened to you guys.............but she was right and liberal when she left here. If you put her back together like she was, she'll be a horsepower MONSTER for years to come.......

One of these days I'll tell you what all we did internally to that engine...........you won't believe the HP she'll make...............HOLD ON Lou!
    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
      I would guess some ass would put it in the cyclinder. I am supprized you did not find a candy wrapper in there too.

Naw..................If I was eveil, I would have just peed in it or worse........

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
        See, now I'd have to break the entire thing down and make sure that was the ONLY foreign object in the motor.

WTF?

Not necessary at all...........read below:

(self induced problem)

Comment

AH HA! So it was Cornel Mustard with the candlestick in the library!

Comment

Actually.................We did have a beer or three around here the night we palletized that engine to send it up to Lou and Corey............

and just for a joke one of the guys said we should crap in one of the plug holes.......or down one of the carb intake holes................'cause it would burn out eventually but smell BAD for a long while.

We would have, but we finally could not find a willing participant.........with a small enough poop shoot...............(Many large a-holes here I guess!!)

K 8)

Comment

Working...
            X