X

Exhaust flow question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust flow question...

Ok...I don't know too much about the RC51, or v-twins in general. I have the dual exhaust on the beast (Jardine Slip-ons). I was wondering if my exhaust flow when i'm idling and holding my hand behind it... if its supposed to real smoothe, or if its supposed to, for lack of a better word, sputter (thats not the word i want to use, because it doesn't....its the best way to describe it). if anyone has any insight, please let me know. thanks
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

I know that my friends sv1000 has pulses or "sputter" out the pipe. You should definatly feel the cylinder hit each time at idle...with you hand at the end of the pipe. Maybe its just that smooth, and the exhaust exchange ( where the to headers meet then go out to 2 cans) is designed to smooth this out. idunno!
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
      I know that my friends sv1000 has pulses or "sputter" out the pipe. You should definatly feel the cylinder hit each time at idle...with you hand at the end of the pipe. Maybe its just that smooth, and the exhaust exchange ( where the to headers meet then go out to 2 cans) is designed to smooth this out. idunno!

i have the one can for one cylinder exhaust. the headers don't meet anywhere (that i know of anyway...but heaven forbid i sound like a moron if it is 2-1-2 and i didn't know it). but yea, i wasn't sure if that was a v-twin type of thing or a "you better get a power commander" type of thing.
      if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

It's gonna pulse with any engine or exhaust..just the nature of a sroker (piston) engine....

now an RX-8....that'a different story

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
          Originally posted by blkpitbull

i have the one can for one cylinder exhaust. the headers don't meet anywhere (that i know of anyway...but heaven forbid i sound like a moron if it is 2-1-2 and i didn't know it). but yea, i wasn't sure if that was a v-twin type of thing or a "you better get a power commander" type of thing.
          you'll get to know them well - big twins eat pipes (cans) you'll be repacken often

oh but to do love that sound !

tim

Comment

Working...
          X