X

dropped a cylinder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped a cylinder

last year i put a full exhaust on the bike and bought a jet kit. Installed the exhaust but not the jet kit because it looked a little to tricky. ran fine no problems last year. Went to start it back up this year and wouldn't untill I cleaned the plugs. they looked black but nothing crazy. After that it started up but it was slugish for a 50 miles or so then it came back to normal. Today on the way to work I lost all power and it keep dying on me. felt the exhaust pipes and the pipe on the far right if you were sitting on the bike was cold. So I was wondering does that sound like something that would happen by not installing the jet kit. also a shop wants 315$ labor to install it is that fair? Bike is 94 kat 750

you didnt drop a cylinder.. your carbs are funked... clean/tune em and youll be good.

Comment

Do the jet kit yourself. It is mostly replacing the jets and needles. If you can clean the carbs, you can install the kit.
      Your problem doesn't sound related to not having the jet kit though. Pull your plugs again. If they are black, you are going to have to clean the carbs anyway, and probably replace the plugs.

Comment

pulled the plugs just really wet from being flooded. check for spark no spark on 1 and 4 so i think it's the coil. weird thing is the coil that is bad looks like a replacement already. it's a denso coil. 80 bucks at the dealer

Comment

Download the suzuki factory manual and test the coils for primary and secondary impedance. You might find the problem is actually in the wiring instead (spark plug wires, plug boots). $80 for a coil isn't bad, since it comes with new wires too...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well 7 days later got the coil came and she's back to good.

Comment

Working...
            X