X

Slip on fitment ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip on fitment ?

I'm sure this has been beat to death somewhere but I was wondering what other bikes aftermarket slip on exhaust will work on an '05 kat 600? ie. yoshimura lists gsxr 600 as the most common app. if I buy one will it fit?
    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Well, technically, any pipe can fit. Its the mid pipe fitamint you have to worry about. You can go to pretty much any exhaust shop, and they should be able to make you a midpipe though.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Any ideas what will bolt right up?
      "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

well when checking out slipons, did you notice if the slipon states for a full exhaust system, or for a stock mid pipe. if says full, you'll have to have the headers back replaced, or like smelly lou here said, have someone make you a new midpipe, if u have a fill exhaust.

if your looking for a slip on for your stock midpipe, you'll have to check all the specs, and make shure the slip on is made to your bike specs.
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Lean in Lean out.
        ------------------------------------------------------
        1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
        2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
        2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
        2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

yosh also list a slip-on for the katana so why would you wonder if a gixxer can would work ?

tim

Comment

On the yosh website they don't list the kat. I found a couple on ebay for a gixxer at a pretty good price.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K5GSX600F
              On the yosh website they don't list the kat. I found a couple on ebay for a gixxer at a pretty good price.
              cal yosh - they sell them. getting a gixxer may cost you more in the end.
              you'll need to make a new mid pipe & then will have to get it chromed or coated black ( hi temp paint doesn't last long and looks ugly real quick )

although... the last time i talk to yosh they will sell the mid pipe for about $115 bucks. the hanger for the pipe may also be different.

tim

Comment

try speedwerks.com they have a yosh slip on for kats.
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Yeah, Ive talked to laura before about a slip on for my 2000.. the d&d Im looking at comes w/ the midpipe so its a simple unbolt and rebolt, and wham bam thank you mam. Laura will take care of you, so check her out.

Comment

I recently purchased a Vance & Hines SSR2 slip on for my '03 Kat 600 and it bolted on without any problems. Easy to install, & sounds great. It may be a bit too loud for some folks though.

Comment

Originally posted by Daves Kat
                      I recently purchased a Vance & Hines SSR2 slip on for my '03 Kat 600 and it bolted on without any problems. Easy to install, & sounds great. It may be a bit too loud for some folks though.
                      Did the V&H come with a mid pipe or did it bolt up to the stock mid pipe?
                      Do you have any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Colt
                        Did the V&H come with a mid pipe or did it bolt up to the stock mid pipe?
                        Do you have any pics?
                        Bump.

Comment

Well, I got my D&D from www.58cycle.com They sell stuff on eBay, but don't buy it there - it's actually more expensive. If you buy from their website S&H is free and the prices are lower. Don't ask me why. They shipped it super fast - I ordered on a Monday and had it by Thursday.

Anyway, my D&D came with the midpipe and fit like a glove. I'm no mechanic so the mere fact that I was able to do it with no troubles should make you comfortable about installing.

Here's a Yoshi for the 600:

It comes with a stainless stell S-Bend, but I don't know if that means midpipe or what. Again, I'm no mechanic...

They have plenty of choices so take a look - you might find what you need.

Good luck!
                          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Yes it came with the mid pipe & the slip on.

Comment

Yes it came with the mid pipe & the slip on.
                              Cool, where did you get it from?

Comment

Working...
                              X