X

Stalling at stops

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling at stops

Hello, I just bought a 93 Kat for my 19yr old sons first bike. It needed a little work as I had to mount air filter housing properly (it was not tight to carbs) and replace one float bowl gasket that was leaking. Now it stalls at stops or even if you just hold front brake and compress front forks while stopped. it starts right back up and OK until next stop or turn. Tank is clean inside, idle at 1100rpm. Any ideas? I see infor about drain pipe at bottom. mine has no hose or cap.

any ideas, Jim

Originally posted by KJJox View Post
    Hello, I just bought a 93 Kat for my 19yr old sons first bike. It needed a little work as I had to mount air filter housing properly (it was not tight to carbs) and replace one float bowl gasket that was leaking. Now it stalls at stops or even if you just hold front brake and compress front forks while stopped. it starts right back up and OK until next stop or turn. Tank is clean inside, idle at 1100rpm. Any ideas? I see infor about drain pipe at bottom. mine has no hose or cap.

any ideas, Jim
    Puke tube?? It runs from the bottom corner of your airbox down the middle of the bike, it should be either capped or folded. If that's missing, your going to have problems.

Item #12 on this fische:

Last edited by VifferJim; 04-28-2008, 10:03 PM.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I made a puke tube from oil line and folded over the end with a zip tie, test drove, it still stalls when coming to a stop or when bouncing the bike. it feels like starving for gas until youi feather the throttle, then runs OK until bounced again. Could float setting be too low?

Comment

try turning the enrichener on aka choke. that will tell you if it is a fueling problem. or well if it is to lean. another thing to check is loose wires, I know around the right turnsignal there is a pair of wires that is suppose to be something for the california models, cap those off. but that isn't a problem if you are not blowing fuses.

also come to a stop using the rear brake, not the front, just to narrow things down.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

i have a similar problem (sometimes when stopping hard it just dies)... i am gonna replace the clutch cable, cap the air box and double check the kick stand kill switch
          92 GSXF750
          83 nighthawk

Comment

first thing i would check is the the idle adjusting screw, the make sure your clutch is fully disingaging, if fot tighten the cord.
            www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
            Katana Frame Sliders
            The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
            98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
            I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Thanks for all your help. Today the 3 and 4 carbs started to overfflow into the cylinders. I found a small piece of dirt hold the float open! Cleaned and off she goes!!!!!

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X