X

sprocket question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprocket question

Looking to maybe change out the sprockets on my 05 600. How many teeth does each one have? Thinking about -1 front/ +3 rear. Also, where is a good place to purchase these online?

Thanks,
    Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

I believe the stock sprockets are 15/45. You can buy decent replacements on ebay.

Just curious, why are you wanting to gear it down so much?

Comment

15/47 is stock ( on mine anyway -99 )

if your not going to change everything - both sprockets & chain - just get a -1 & try that. +3 on the rear will require a new chain - 120 link.

see here:

tim

Comment

Will just -1 in the front give me a noticeable difference in acceleration? I'm just looking for a little more uummph to get going, don't want to get crazy. Maybe I will just leave the rear alone.
        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
        97 Mustang GT
        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

yes - you'll really like it. ( it still won't loft the front of course )
          tim

Comment

For the full info on sprocket ratios, what changes you'll see, etc, see:

CyberPoet's 98+ Suzuki Katana Sprocket Ratio page, at MotorcycleAnchor.com, fabricators of MotorcycleAnchor security products and other custom motorcycle solutions.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: sprocket question

Originally posted by vdaily89
              Looking to maybe change out the sprockets on my 05 600. How many teeth does each one have? Thinking about -1 front/ +3 rear. Also, where is a good place to purchase these online?

Thanks,
              Vince
              Well , you COULD just count them . The rear sprocket usually has the number stamped into it somewhere anyway . The fron'ts are a pain to get to , but any dealer/online retailer should be able to tell you the number for the front (which is PROBABLY the same as the other 98+ Kats) .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X