X

headlight bulbs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight bulbs...

Quick question...what headlight bulb fits the '95 600 Katana? I believe they are the H4 bulbs, but I need to be sure because I'm asking for some Osram Silver Stars for my birthday!!! Thanks... 8)
    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Takes a single H4 55/60 watt headlight bulb. H4 is also interchangable with HB2 and 9003.

KNOW THIS:
    The HB2 standard has tighter tolerances on the base fit and filament location dimensions so that it can be used in certain mechanically-aimable headlamps. A bulb that is marked only H4 (not HB2) is not intended for use in a headlamp marked HB2 because the wider tolerances may mis-direct the beam pattern. On the other hand, because of its tighter tolerances, the HB2 is quite satisfactory when used in an H4 headlamp.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks...I think? The Osram is listed out as an H4, it doesn't have any other designators, so I'll assume it will fit my headlamp. They sound like a good bulb, ever use them?
      My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Originally posted by katrider
        Thanks...I think? The Osram is listed out as an H4, it doesn't have any other designators, so I'll assume it will fit my headlamp. They sound like a good bulb, ever use them?
        Used to use them all the time in my regular cars when I was in Germany, and I still use an Osram 100w/220 volt bulb in one of the outdoor lamps we have here because it'll never burn out (even if it does glow fairly dimly as a result of being a 220v bulb in a 120v socket).

You can't go wrong with Osram, Hella, PIAA, Sylvania. Hella's are actually my favorites, and they were what I used on my Euro-Rally cars when I raced in Europe.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The H4 bulb is the same as the 9300 I have a Cool Blue 9003 CB made by Sylvania in my 95 Kat.

Comment

I ended up getting a Sylvania SilverStar for my '95 and I'm quite happy with it - I got an H4 but could tell no difference when I was holding the 9300 next to it.
            '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
            PurpleonBlack

Comment

Originally posted by J. Kidd
              I ended up getting a Sylvania SilverStar for my '95 and I'm quite happy with it - I got an H4 but could tell no difference when I was holding the 9300 next to it.
              H4 and 9003 are the same sizing spec, just different conventions in naming used in different countries (the USA calls them H4's; the Germans call them 9003).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X