X

Do these Carbs look familiar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these Carbs look familiar

I just got some new carbs off of ebay saying that they were pre 98 carbs. But they obviously aren't the same style as my old ones. Can you take a look and see if these are actually katana carbs. Here are some pictures let me know what you guys think. Look close at some of the pictures of what kind of brackets there are.
    Attached Files

They sure don't look like my carbs ('95 750).
    Maybe Mukini dot com??
    Are they the right size?
    The bowls are way different.
    as are the feed rails..
    Special K might be the man..

Comment

They don't look like the 88-89 ones, which have a single fuel line and do not have a choke cable. The bottom looks different too.

What size are they? 88-89 are 31 mm, 90+ (not sure about 96-97) 33 mm... I guess Special K is your man.
      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

looks like an early 1st gixxer carbs? IMO. im no master eye, id check the S/N on the carb and then look it up. that will give u alot more info than my hoser ass.
        ------------------------------------------------------
        Lean in Lean out.
        1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
        2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
        2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
        2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

where are the serial numbers on the carbs? I'm pissed b/c it said for a pre 98 kat in the auction 600 too. I'm definitly going to get my money back.

Comment

I found the serial number. 3hh h7y1 04

Comment

yea i tried ot do a google search on anything on mikuni carbs and i did get there home webpage
              The Mikuni Group manufactures superior products for a wide range of industries, including automotive, commercial vehicles, powersports, general purpose, household and safety, as well as export and sales of aerospace parts.

but no info on your part that is givin. i would send them back and get your money back.
              Lean in Lean out.
              1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
              2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD

Comment

Look like early California pollution-control versions to me (the dual drains at the bottom of each bowl would seem to imply that)... Now, whether they are Kat carbs or not is beyond me...

Good Luck!
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hey Bone, what size are they, and what size are your old ones? Maybe we can still get them to work.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I really don't think we can since the the brackets and everything are all funny. My throttle and choke cables wouldn't fit on them. Plus I can't seem to find a vacum line to conect to the petcock so I'd have to leave it on prime all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      Hey Bone, what size are they, and what size are your old ones? Maybe we can still get them to work.
                      Sure you have grinders and hammers in the hanger right??

Comment

Originally posted by bonstrosity
                        I really don't think we can since the the brackets and everything are all funny. My throttle and choke cables wouldn't fit on them. Plus I can't seem to find a vacum line to conect to the petcock so I'd have to leave it on prime all the time.
                        On some carbs you hook up one of the sync ports to the petcock...
                        - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Thats another problem...No sync ports. They are covered on top. I know they are there b/c the guy put one of them on wrong and I could see the port but there are no caps to take off and sync the carbs...I pretty much got screwed on this one. Even though he said he still has a set of carbs that will work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bonstrosity
                            Thats another problem...No sync ports. They are covered on top. I know they are there b/c the guy put one of them on wrong and I could see the port but there are no caps to take off and sync the carbs...I pretty much got screwed on this one. Even though he said he still has a set of carbs that will work for me.
                            PM Corey about all this, he will prolly be up and on sometime after 1pm. Also, send him the link to this thread. That way he can see the pics. He would know if anything could be done or not.

The 40mm Carbs for the Gixxer 1100 are a different set up compared to the kat. He is cutomizing some stuff for them. Like the fact that there is no throttle return and what not.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

shat in a bag and fed ex it to his doorstep and light it on fire.

that should solve your issues with ebay!!!
                              Lean in Lean out.
                              1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                              2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X