X

replacing fuel lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing fuel lines

Do you guys get the OEM Parts Or just some fuel line from the auto parts store Mine on my 1991 are a little sad looking I dont trust them.

OEMs are a little easier since they are pre-bent. Regular gas lines, sometimes require you to get a little creative with routing so you dont kink the lines. Then if you decide to add a filter to the '91, that gets even more interesting.

Comment

Don't get the Autozone crap! For a bike they gave it to me for free (cause it was just about 18 inches) and it was worth ever penny I paid.. That is worthless!

Get the competition accessories hose. Most shops carry it and it is clear and comes in colors. Costs more (umm $3 or 4/foot?) but well worth it!

Comment

+1 on getting the competition hose. Good gas line is worth the cash

Comment

One thing to note, If you go with OEM from Suzuki, the short hose to carbs 1/2 is no longer avalible, But dont freak, its the same hose that feeds 3/4, just longer, So you just cut it down to what you need. Factory bends remain the same, Plus it gives you the chance to reroute them a little if you add filters on the pre. I had them on mine at one point, but removed them since I never got it situated where the filter would stay vertical.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
          X