X

Spark plugs fouled!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plugs fouled!

So I changed my spark plugs out on my 88' 600 2 months ago and I think I had a weak battery but she started right up. Its cold up here in rainy Wa. so i didn't ride her much, but a week ago I couldn't get her started. The starter just turned the motor over and over again. So I decided to check the plugs... Covered in wet black residue! I changed the plugs and got a fresh battery and charged it overnight. The next morning i changed the plugs and battery and she started right up! Yeah!!!! Now my question is: What caused the fouling of the plugs? Could it be that the Kat is running rich? Or that the old battery was providing ****ty spark? The coil packs seem fine, as I was putting her back together i checked the volts coming out of the plug wires with a flute and all four were spiking between 1800-1200volts I think, if I was using it correctly! Haha, any thoughts?

too much gas, stuck float.

Comment

Stuck float on all 4 carbs? All four plugs were the same when I pulled them out.

Comment

spark plugs

i need to change my plugs what size socket 18mm do i need to take off side body work. just the gas tank thanks

Comment

if I knew if that was a 600 or 750, I could tell you. Honestly I don't know if it matters. On a 98+ 600 18mm is too big. I have a 5/8 (I know, it's not metric, bummer) and it works just right.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOdd001 View Post
            So I changed my spark plugs out on my 88' 600. Covered in wet black residue!
            was it oil fouled?

Comment

Either stuck floats, or A/F screws turned way out.

Comment

Working...
              X